GTA Online Game Tips: Taking on VIP Challenges
| Author: R* A
Following on from our Game Tips article on VIP Work, we now turn the spotlight on contests fought by fellow Bodyguards to prove their worth to their Organization's VIP, like Gladiators fighting for the entertainment of Emperors. In VIP Challenges, it's down to each Bodyguard to rely on their honed training, wits and the arsenal of weaponry at their disposal to emerge victorious.
If you're ready for another bite of the VIP and Bodyguard lifestyle, read on for our latest VIP Challenges game tips to best outsmart your opponents:
VIP Challenges are found under the 'SecuroServ' option in the Interaction Menu, and are initiated by the VIP to offer out trials to those in their Organizations. While the winner of the Challenge will of course receive their dues, as with VIP Work, each Bodyguard taking part receives a participation award of GTA$ and RP for every minute (rounding incomplete minutes down) that they spend participating in the Challenge.
Once the Challenge is set, the VIP will have the option to spectate the competing Bodyguards.
Use a nimble vehicle and a well-timed sticky bomb to take out your opponents in Due Diligence.
Objective: Find and collect packages marked with a Flare. While each one collected is worth GTA$100, the player with the most collected Packages wins.
We recommend the following tips:
- Look out for trails of smoke to find the packages; if a package isn't found in a certain amount of time, a second Flare will be fired to light your way.
- Using the 'Trackify' app will help hugely during this mode to find each location, but remember that the app can’t detect elevated items.
- Think about nabbing a nimble vehicle to navigate tight spaces, and stay ahead of the competition. If it's neck-and-neck with another member of your Organization on the way to a Package, nothing in the rules say that you can’t destroy their vehicle...
- If you’ve found a package but know you won’t get there first, don't waste time racing to collect it; instead, use the time to prepare for finding the next one that appears, before the competition.
Objective: Steal and deliver the highest value of vehicles you can to a specific drop-off point within the allotted time.
It is important to remember that it's not the number of vehicles delivered, but the combined value. With that in mind, take the following steps:
- Consider the area you’re in; different areas across Los Santos and Blaine County will yield higher quality vehicles to steal. It’s worthwhile taking longer to search for higher value vehicles than simply loading up on lower value vehicles.
- Don’t be afraid to switch vehicles when en route to a drop-off, if you see one with a higher value.
- Other Player's personal vehicles can be dropped off
- Try not to damage the vehicles on the way to the drop-off, as this will lower their value.
- Race against other members of your Organization to fill that last spot at a drop-off to delay their delivery.
In Auto Buyout, consider the area you’re in; different areas across Southern San Andreas will yield higher quality vehicles to steal.
Objective: Find and deliver a designated cash bag to a drop-off point while avoiding being hit. Any remaining cash left in the bag at the end becomes the winning score:
- Armor up to help avoid damage to yourself at all costs, as each bullet wound will cause you to bleed precious cash.
- Even if you only make it back to the drop-off with $1, you can still beat the other members of your Organization who don’t make it back in time.
- Completing your delivery is your primary objective! Undelivered cash held at the end of the round will not count towards your score.
- Be ready to move as soon as you collect the package; the Cops are also eagerly watching.
- It may be quicker to deliver in an air vehicle, but you will gradually lose cash along the way.
Objective: All players in the Organization will be hit with a 5-star Wanted Level. From there, last player alive wins.
With danger all around, the following tips may help you avoid the heat:
- If you find yourself cornered, put up a valiant last stand and go out fighting. Other members of your Organization may be in a similar situation and unable to hold out for as long as you.
- The Cops are relentless during this time and you won't be able to lose them until the timer is up. Therefore, plan your movements carefully to survive and pick your ideal spot for evading them; you're going to need all the help you can get.
- Stay away from aircraft, interiors and the underground tunnels, as these will knock you out of the Challenge.
- If there’s more than one player alive after 10 minutes, the reward will be split between those still standing.
Take note of your surroundings to avoid getting ambushed in Market Manipulation.
Objective: With all open convenience Stores blipped on the map, race from Store to Store to hold up cashiers and collect as much cash as possible. The player with the most GTA$ when the timer is up takes home the loot.
The following tips should come in handy:
- After a Store is robbed, it will be unavailable for a time; observe other players and plan your route to avoid getting cut off.
- Killing the shop attendants is a risky strategy; it offers a quicker, but smaller payout than holding up the Store, and leads to more heat from the Cops. Strike a balance between speed and efficiency.
- Be aware of your surroundings; it’s easy to get ambushed by the cops when exiting a Store.
- If you die, you will drop a percentage of the cash you have already collected. The more cash you are holding, the larger the amount dropped will be.
- Feeling brave? If you’re bold enough, you can risk multiple Stores before losing your Wanted Level.
- If you pass an opponent making a robbery, try blowing up any getaway vehicles they may have parked outside the Store to slow them down.
- A fast, armored vehicle is indispensable for this mission; a good opportunity to try out one of the armored models of the Baller, Schafter and Cognoscenti.
Point to Point:
Objective: A point-to-point race, set by the VIP.
Once the destination marker has been set down by your Executive, get ready to win the race:
- The GPS route is not always the fastest route to the race destination, so plan ahead, if you know the area well.
- Grab a vehicle as quickly as possible; anything is better than running!
- Watch the VIP’s movements at the start of the race; they've set the race destination, so they'll likely know where they are going.
- Take out the vehicles of other members of your Organization with a drive-by attack or a well-placed sticky bomb to help guarantee first place.
Feel free to share any tips or questions you may have in the comments section below.