Rockstar Games is holding a Grand Theft Auto V (“GTAV”) Snapmatic event (the “Event”) giving five (5) talented GTAV fans an opportunity to receive GTA$1,000,000 for the best Snapmatic photos created during our Event.
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) before participating in the Event. Participation in the Event constitutes your (“you” or “Participant”) full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Terms, and represents that you satisfy all of the requirements set forth below.
THIS IS NOT A CONTEST AND THERE IS NO PRIZE.
1. Participation. To participate in the Event, you must (i) be a member of the Rockstar Games Social Club, available at www.rockstargames.com/socialclub (“Social Club”); (ii) upload to the Social Club Snapmatic site an in-game screenshot from GTAV created using the game’s camera phone feature or the Rockstar Editor tool; (iii) visit https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/snapmatic and tag your Snapmatic photo with “#DOOMSDAY”; and (iv) meet the requirements set forth below. If your entry is chosen as a potential recipient of the reward, you must also respond to an email message from Rockstar Games asking you to verify your eligibility no later than 48 hours after it was sent.
Participants must be (a) legal residents in their country of residence; (b) 18 years of age (or majority age for the country of residence); and (c) a resident of the following countries: Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritania, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and the United States.
2. Evaluation. The theme for this Event is “#DOOMSDAY.” Your Snapmatic image should feature content from GTA Online: Doomsday Heists. “#DOOMSDAY” images will be judged based on the following criteria—Creativity: 35%; Originality: 35%; and Image Composition: 30%. Evaluations are at Rockstar Games’ sole discretion.
3. Event Period. The Event Period starts at 12:00:01 AM ET on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 and ends 11:59:59 PM ET on Monday, December 18, 2017. Eligible images may be uploaded to Social Club during the Event Period. Eastern Time or “ET” is the local time zone for New York City in the United States.
Rockstar Games is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, incomplete, corrupt, or misdirected communications or for theft or destruction or unauthorized access or alterations of materials, phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
5. Releases. To the extent permitted by applicable law, by participating in the Event, you release Rockstar Games and any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and agree not to make any claims against the Released Parties in respect of any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Event (including, without limitation, participation in the Event), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Some jurisdictions do not allow (i) the exclusion of implied warranties on applicable statutory rights; and in the case of the countries of Germany, the United Kingdom, and/or the Netherlands, (ii) limitations on a contracting party’s liability with regards to damages or death caused due to its negligence or intentional misconduct, so the above exclusions and limitations may not apply in some cases.
Further, by participating in the Event, Participant releases the Released Parties from any and all liability with respect to the Event including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Rockstar Games’ control that may cause the Event to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with participation in the Event; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Event.
Rockstar Games’ decisions in all respects relative to the Event are final. Rockstar Games reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Event in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Event is compromised, without liability to the Participant. Rockstar Games reserves the right to disqualify any participant, as determined by Rockstar Games in its sole discretion.
6. Disputes. Except where prohibited by law: (a) As a condition of participating in this Event, Participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Event shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with participating in this Event), and Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased; and (c) The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Further, except where prohibited by law, this Event is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms, or the rights and obligations of Participant and Rockstar Games in connection with this Event, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, USA, without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Disputes Section of these Terms and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York.
If you have questions about the Event, please contact Rockstar Games, 622 Broadway, New York, NY 10012, USA.