NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Please read these rules before entering the sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes). Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes your (“you” or “Entrant”) full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and Regulations ("Official Rules") and represents that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
1. Sponsor. The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Rockstar Games, a wholly owned subsidiary of the United States company Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. The Sponsor’s address is Rockstar Games, 622 Broadway, New York, NY 10012, USA.
2. Eligibility and Entry. The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who (i) are members of the Rockstar Games Social Club, (ii) have submitted an online entry form on the page https://www.rockstargames.com/socialclub/events, (iii) are legal residents of the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada (excluding Quebec), United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, or Ukraine, and (iv) are 18 years of age on date of entry.
Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, its parent, and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to participate or win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
If you or anyone in your household (mailing address) has won a prize pack sweepstakes in the previous 180 days (from the first day of the Sweepstakes Period), you are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes. Only one (1) entry per person per Sweepstakes Period.
SWEEPSTAKES VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
3. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes starts at 12:00:01 AM ET on 8/30/2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on 9/04/2017. Eastern Time or “ET” is the local time zone for New York City in the United States.
4. Winning. Five (5) prizes will be awarded. The 5 potential prize winners will be drawn in one random drawing on or about 9/05/2017 from among all valid eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The prize drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. Sponsor's decisions are final and binding. The potential prize winners will be notified by email on or about 9/06/2017. The potential winners will be declared winners if it is determined that they are eligible after they have returned all required documentation. If a Canadian or Belgian resident is selected as a potential prize winner, he/she may also be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical question in order to win his/her prize.
5. Prizes and Odds. There are 5 prizes. The prize packs consist of various promotional items related to the game, which may include t-shirts, stickers, and/or other promotional items. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize pack is US $ 156.94/ € 133.37 (all values exclude Value Added Tax (“VAT”)). Total value of all prizes is US $ 784.70 / € 666.84 (excluding VAT). Odds of winning are determined upon the number of entries. The prize is not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Winner may be required to complete and submit documents including an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, publicity release, and/or appropriate tax forms to receive a prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. If the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, or potential winner does not respond within two (2) days of notification, or refuses to execute any applicable documents, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose), except where prohibited by law. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AS APPLICABLE, VAT TAXES AND CUSTOMS WHICH ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
7. General Release. To the extent permitted by applicable law, by entering the Sweepstakes, you release Sponsor and any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and agree not to make any claims against the Released Parties in respect of any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes (including, without limitation, participation in the Sweepstakes) or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Some jurisdictions do not allow (i) the exclusion of implied warranties on applicable statutory rights; and in the case of the countries of Germany, the United Kingdom, and/or the Netherlands, (ii) limitations on a contracting party’s liability with regards to damages or death caused due to its negligence or intentional misconduct, so the above exclusions and limitations may not apply in some cases.
8. Affidavit/Declaration and Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit/declaration of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules, and release of liability as permitted by applicable law. Failure to return a signed affidavit/declaration within two (2) days may result in forfeiture of prize. Potential winners are responsible for ensuring return of all required materials; proof of sending will not be considered proof of receipt by Sponsor. Potential winner will be required to sign a publicity release where applicable.
9. Winners List; Rules Request. The winners will be posted at https://www.rockstargames.com/socialclub/events no earlier than 10/6/2017 and until 11/6/2017. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after 10/6/2017 and before 11/6/2017 to Attn: Rockstar Games, Smuggler’s Run Sweepstakes Winners, Rockstar Games, 622 Broadway, New York, NY 10012, USA.To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Rockstar Games, Smuggler’s Run Sweepstakes Rules, Rockstar Games, 622 Broadway, New York, NY 10012, USA.
10. General Rules. By entering the Sweepstakes, you accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, incomplete, corrupt, or misdirected entries, responses, paper entries or other correspondence, whether by internet transmission, email or postal mail or otherwise, or for theft or destruction or unauthorized access or alterations of entry materials, phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant releases Sponsor, its parent, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor's control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor's decisions in all respects relative to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Sweepstakes is compromised, without liability to the Entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any winner, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
11. Additional Conditions. Except where prohibited by law, to accept any prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, winning entry and statements attributed to winner (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
12. Disputes. Except where prohibited by law: (a) As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than Entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased; and (c) The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. Except where prohibited by law, this promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Disputes Section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York.