#DOOMSDAY ROCKSTAR EDITOR CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Please read these Official Rules and Regulations (Rules) before entering the contest (the Contest). Participation in the Contest constitutes your (you or Entrant) full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Rules and represents that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
The Sponsor of the Contest is Rockstar Games, a wholly owned subsidiary of the United States company Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. The Sponsor’s address is Rockstar Games, 622 Broadway, New York, NY 10012, USA.
2. Eligibility and Entry.
The Contest is only open to individuals who during the Contest Period (a) possess a copy of Grand Theft Auto V (the Game), (b) are registered members of the Rockstar Games Social Club, available at socialclub.rockstargames.com
, (the Social Club), (c) meet the residency and age requirements set forth below, (d) use the Rockstar Editor to create a two to five minute video, and (e) upload the video to the Social Club site with the tag #DOOMSDAY.
Entrants must be (i) legal residents of the United States (who are not residents of Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota or Vermont), Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine, or United Kingdom and on the date of entry (ii) 17 years of age if a resident of the United States or (iii) for all other countries 18 years of age (or majority age for the country of residence). United States entrants who are minors must have permission from their parents or legal guardians in order to participate.
Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, its parent, and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to participate or win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. If you or anyone in your household (mailing address) has won a Rockstar Games contest or sweepstakes in the previous 180 days (from the first day of the Contest Period), you are not eligible to enter this Contest. Only one (1) entry per person per Contest Period.
CONTEST VOID IN THE US STATES OF ARIZONA, CONNECTICUT, MARYLAND, NORTH DAKOTA AND VERMONT AND WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED.
All entries must be comprised of original video footage captured and edited by the person who uploaded the video. Entrants may not submit video captured by another person. All entries must consist of unmodified game play footage of Grand Theft Auto V created using the Rockstar Editor that shipped with the Game. Entrants may be required to answer questions regarding how a particular shot or edit was achieved; all determinations of eligibility regarding the validity of entries or use of modifications are at the sole discretion of Rockstar Games.
3. Judging. Entrants are challenged to create a video using the Rockstar Editor featuring content from GTA Online: The Doomsday Heist. Videos will be judged based on the following criteria—Creativity: 25%; Originality: 25%; Editing Skill: 25%; Theme Interpretation: 25%. Sponsor or its designated Contest judges will independently evaluate and judge all eligible entries received and select the potential winners on or about Monday, February 19, 2018. All judging will be at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant that it believes to be in breach of these Rules.
4. Contest Period. The Contest Period starts at 12:00:01 AM ET on Thursday, January 18, 2018 and ends 11:59:59 PM ET on Sunday, February 4, 2018. Eastern Time or ET is the local time zone for New York City in the United States.
Three (3) prizes will be awarded: One (1) Grand Prize and two (2) Runner Up Prizes. The Grand Prize winner will receive a prize package of GTAV collectibles, a custom Rockstar Editor trophy, a GTAV Varsity Jacket, and custom GTAV director’s chair. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the Grand Prize is US $807.45 / €680.13 (excluding Value Added Tax (VAT)). The two Runner Up Prize winners will each receive a prize package of GTAV collectables and a $100 credit at www.rockstarwarehouse.com
(ARV of Runner Up Prizes is $300.00/ €252.68 excluding VAT). ARV of all prizes is US $1,107.45 / €932.83 (excluding VAT). Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash or credit) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize.
Winner may be required to complete and submit documents including an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, publicity release, and/or appropriate tax forms to receive a prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. If the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, or potential winner does not respond within two (2) days of notification, or refuses to execute any applicable documents, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If an eligible potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian will have to execute the appropriate documents and such prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of parent or legal guardian.
Except where prohibited, all prizes are awarded AS IS and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose), except where prohibited by law. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AS APPLICABLE, VAT TAXES AND CUSTOMS WHICH ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize
In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry or registration with the Social Club. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
6. Collection of Information.
7. General Release. To the extent permitted by applicable law, by entering the Contest, you release Sponsor and any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the Released Parties) from any liability whatsoever, and agree not to make any claims against the Released Parties in respect of any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest (including, without limitation, participation in the Contest) or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Some jurisdictions do not allow (i) the exclusion of implied warranties on applicable statutory rights; and in the case of the some countries such as Germany, the United Kingdom, and/or the Netherlands, (ii) limitations on a contracting party’s liability with regards to damages or death caused due to its negligence or intentional misconduct, so the above exclusions and limitations may not apply in some cases.
8. Affidavit/Declaration and Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit or declaration of eligibility and acceptance of these Rules and release of liability, as permitted by applicable law. Failure to return a signed affidavit/declaration within two (2) days may result in forfeiture of prize. Potential winners are responsible for ensuring return of all required materials; proof of sending will not be considered proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Winners List; Rules Request.
A list of winners will be posted at www.rockstargames.com/socialclub/events
no later than Sunday, March 04, 2018 and until Sunday, April 01, 2018. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after Sunday, March 04, 2018, and before Sunday, April 01, 2018 to Sponsor to the following address, Attn: ROCKSTAR VIDEO EDITOR CONTEST: Doomsday Winners List, 622 Broadway, New York, NY, 10012 USA. To obtain a copy of these Rules, visit www.rockstargames.com/socialclub/events
or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the following address, Attn: ROCKSTAR VIDEO EDITOR CONTEST: Doomsday Rules Request, 622 Broadway, New York, NY 10012, USA.
10. General Rules. By entering the Contest, you accept and agree to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, incomplete, corrupt, or misdirected entries, responses, paper entries or other correspondence, whether by internet transmission, email or postal mail or otherwise, or for theft or destruction or unauthorized access or alterations of entry materials, phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Contest, Entrant releases Sponsor, its parent, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to the Contest or the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor’s decisions in all respects relative to the Contest are final. Except where prohibited by law, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to the Entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any winner, as determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion.
11. Additional Conditions.
Except where prohibited by law, to accept any prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, winning entry and statements attributed to winner (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. All entries are User Created Content in accordance with the End User License Agreement (EULA) contained in the Game and may be used by Sponsor in any manner without any further notice or compensation. The EULA is also available at www.rockstargames.com/eula
12. Disputes. Except where prohibited by law: (a) As a condition of participating in this Contest, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Contest), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased; and (c) The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. Except where prohibited by law, this promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, USA, without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Disputes Section of these Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York.