Red Dead Cheaters and Hackers Be Warned: The Ban Hammer Is Coming – Next Week
August 17, 2010 10:38AM | Author: R* Q
Oh yes. As promised, the ban hammer is a’coming.
Next week, starting on Tuesday, August 24th – we will be swiftly and indefinitely banishing from the world of Red Dead Redemption multiplayer all Gamertags and PSN IDs we’ve detected with hacked game saves. Such cheating is a clear violation of our code of conduct, and punishable at our sole discretion.
If you are one of these people, we are giving you this last chance for REDEMPTION to restore your HONOR: you have one week from today to delete your hacked game save to be spared the hammer’s swift justice on the 24th.
Some notes to be aware of:
* This will not apply to those people who simply took advantage of temporary exploits to rapidly grind up XP a few weeks ago. We are able to tell who actually hacked their save to have impossible scores.
* Banned hackers will also be removed from the leaderboards.
* To be spared, any hacked saves that you have will need to be deleted – single player as well as multiplayer. You should be aware that everything is wiped when deleting saves. These are the only exceptions:
- Players would keep any Achievements/Trophies they had already earned.
- All preorder items tied to their accounts would be unlocked for them upon signing in and creating a new save while connected to Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network
- Any cheats earned through Social Club would be unlocked for them upon signing in and creating a new save while connected to Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network
* After deleting your hacked game save(s), you will then need to go online with Red Dead Redemption (prior to August 24th) for it to register that you're now playing clean. For single-player saves, you will need to re-play the game while connected until you gain access to the safehouse at MacFarlane's ranch. For multiplayer saves, you will need to play one full game online or do one Gang Hideout.
Also – we’d like to make clear that the comments area below is not the place to air out your grievances with this or to state your excuse (“Um, my cousin was playing on my 360 for a few days – I think he did it!” etc) – all such comments here and in other posts will be deleted, subject to our terms of service. Please instead direct any and all correspondence on this subject to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will have a look there.
Thank you all
Leave us a comment
Commenting is open to all registered Social Club members - general rules of common courtesy, decency and behavior apply. Check out our full terms of service here but especially mind these important golden rules:
- Anyone posting links to or discussing supposed "leaks" about our games here on our own site will have their commenting privileges suspended indefinitely.
- ALWAYS comment on-topic, your comment should be specifically relevant to the game and news item in the post itself.
- Do not spam comments – this includes promoting your own site or YouTube channel etc.
- Refrain from posting game story spoilers and keep your comment strictly on topic to this story - spoilers and off-topic comments will be deleted.
- The comments section is intended as a place for our Social Club community to comment on and discuss the news and content posted with each other; it is not a place to demand official responses from Rockstar. If you want our attention on something or if you have something unrelated you'd like to say, email us at email@example.com.
Thank you everyone for your understanding and cooperation. Note that your email address will not be displayed, only your registered Social Club Nickname (or User ID # if you have not chosen a Nickname yet).
To gain access to the Social Club you will need to sign in with a valid Social Club account.
Register with Social Club
New to Social Club? Click sign up below to create an account.