“Welcome to the Delightfully Chaotic World of Max Payne 3 Multiplayer”: Hands-On Impressions from GameSpot, Vox Games, CVG and More...
March 29, 2012 2:00PM | Author: R* Y
As promised yesterday, here's a barrage of hands-on previews of Max Payne 3's multiplayer that have hit the web today...
"You're pinned behind a bus in a São Paulo transit depot, with a half-dozen mercenaries ready to wipe you from the face of the Earth the second you peek your head past the headlights. You keep still, planning your next move, when out of nowhere some lunatic flings himself from a second-story window and manages to shoot every single one of those armed thugs before he even hits the ground. Immediately upon impact, he pops up as if to say, "I'm good!" and then proceeds to loot each of his victims like a ravenous hobo. Right now that guy might look like the craziest man on the planet, but he's also your teammate. And he just saved your life. Welcome to the delightfully chaotic world of Max Payne 3 multiplayer." - GameSpot
"I had gone into my multiplayer hands-on session expecting an amusing ancillary mode to Max Payne 3's single-player campaign, but what I found was something as robust as any other multiplayer shooter in the genre. If Max's return was a big deal before, it should now be a lot bigger." - Vox Games
"The battles in Gang Wars are tied to key story moments, offering additional color to plot points in Max Payne 3's story, fleshing out what might have happened before or after Max Payne visited the favelas or docks in the game's version São Paulo. There's fiction and even voiceover woven into this multiplayer pillar of Max Payne 3, which may be enlightening to those who get sucked into the drama of the campaign." - GameTrailers
"When it comes to Rockstar - kings of the story game - there's never any compromise. Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV - these were two of the biggest, best story games of a generation and they're both complemented by genuinely innovative, genuinely different multiplayer modes. So it is with Max Payne 3." - CVG
"Rockstar is on to something truly interesting here... you’ll almost certainly be shoot-dodging across your couch to get into a Payne Killer or Gang Wars match as quickly as possible." - Official Xbox Magazine
Of course, we'll keep you updated on more previews as they hit.
Leave us a comment
Commenting is open to all registered Social Club members - general rules of common courtesy, decency and behavior apply. Check out our full terms of service here but especially mind these important golden rules:
- Anyone posting links to or discussing supposed "leaks" about our games here on our own site will have their commenting privileges suspended indefinitely.
- ALWAYS comment on-topic, your comment should be specifically relevant to the game and news item in the post itself.
- Do not spam comments – this includes promoting your own site or YouTube channel etc.
- Refrain from posting game story spoilers and keep your comment strictly on topic to this story - spoilers and off-topic comments will be deleted.
- The comments section is intended as a place for our Social Club community to comment on and discuss the news and content posted with each other; it is not a place to demand official responses from Rockstar. If you want our attention on something or if you have something unrelated you'd like to say, email us at email@example.com.
Thank you everyone for your understanding and cooperation. Note that your email address will not be displayed, only your registered Social Club Nickname (or User ID # if you have not chosen a Nickname yet).
To gain access to the Social Club you will need to sign in with a valid Social Club account.
Register with Social Club
New to Social Club? Click sign up below to create an account.